Reinstatement, conservation and adaptive reuse of the original 1859 four room residential cottage to a café. The works involved significant restoration of foundations, timber flooring, walls, timber ceilings, wrap around veranda and building façade.
The house has local historical significance, originally built in 1859, Southridge House was then called Herguilliers by the original early French migrant Moise Roussel. It was renamed Southridge in 1919 by Frederick Bigg, whose family raised cattle and pigs on the site. The estate was sold to Penfolds Winery in 1950 and the winemaker lived in the house. Today, Southridge House is the centrepiece of Southridge Plaza that services an industrial business park in Sydney’s West and offers local workers a convenient retail hub.